Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Light on Your Path


I am part geek. I like computers and Internet stuff. I do things like Twitter and Facebook.

Tech has allowed us to do so much in such and short time. Information is exploding and the flip side, privacy is eroding. Anyone who thinks otherwise is only kidding themselves. There is way too much money on the tech side of things to ever expect the government to do anything to curb the way information is gathered and disseminated.

But that is not my subject today. The look at the past is. And that look comes to me through Facebook. There are some people I found on Facebook that were very important to me a long time ago. One would or could have easily been my bride but things didn't work out and she went a different way. I have always wondered about her path and all of a sudden, along comes Facebook. Not only is her path there, it's a superhighway of links to her children and their children. I am very happy for her and glad life treated her so generously with love.

As for me, my path went a different way, never quite finding another one to share it with. It wasn't in the cards. So my picture album is smaller. The links are fewer.

Am I happy about that?  I suppose so. I have done a lot of interesting things with what I have. I have also scratched my way up mountains and fallen all the way down only to find another mountain. That is my life. And, it is certainly a different path from her life. I am content knowing she found her path, lived well, and is surrounded by love.

Thank you Facebook.

No comments: